Thursday, August 9, 2012

Taking care of mama

I mentioned in my last post that I needed to focus on myself a little to reinstate my self confidence in order to help me be the best wife and mommy possible. This isn’t crisis mode here people so don’t freak out…it’s just me needing a little pampering so I can be myself among the many other hats that I am wearing: employee, mommy, wife, housekeeper, cook, etc.
So here’s a little peek at some selfishness I have indulged in this week…
Haircut and color



This alone has probably upped my mood the most….just a little different but enough to be fun. I love this hairstyle. This cut helps my hair to look very full. I LOVE my hair dresser...she is a friend and great at what she does. Thanks Lori for your expertise! I always just do my color on my own, way cheaper that way! This is John’s favorite color on my right now so that’s what I did.
New purse

I used to change my purse constantly, however after mommy hood and constantly carrying: diapers, wipes, bottles, sippy cups and snacks, changing my purse to something cute has been low on the list. Well I indulged and bought a new purse this week. Do you like??
New shoes


I love shoes…my favorite accessory. Judging by my closet and the spare room closet and the basket in my room you would be able to quickly see that I could be considered a collectorJ. Heels aren’t too practical these days, but I have recently fallen back in love with wedges. I swiped these cute shoes at Payless on clearance…bonus!
I am planning on a pedi on Saturday and then my indulgences will cease. It’s the small things that make a world of difference. Every once in a while all women need to be pampered and reminded of their womanhood. Sometimes it’s hard to juggle all that life demands but I would not change one thing about my life right now. My children are healthy and beautiful and my husband is amazingly supportive, loving and pretty easy on the eyes J Life is good, some days are hard but every day is a blessing!

My favorite favorite verse:

Don’t worry about anything, instead pray about everything.

Tell God what you need and thank Him for all that He has done.


Have you treated yourself lately???


No comments:

Post a Comment