Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY

I have been wanting to do this for awhile. I would describe this project as a cross between this and this. If you know me at all you know that I use all materials that I already have. I will alter a few things in the future but overall I am very pleased with the outcome.

This is a stack of wood that I rescued from our neighbors barn. You could use any wood really, you just want it to be thin so it lays well again the wall.


I measured in two inches on each end of boards.




These are staples that I found in my husbands shop. They were not ideal however they were free, which makes them pretty darn close to ideal. In the future I will use regular heavy duty staples.

                        
I hammed three staples in to connect each board together. This was done on both ends of each board. I used 1 inch stencils and traced my letters out with pencil. I painted each letter in with white paint. I think next time I need to use a smalled brush to keep the lines more crisp. 


Here's the finished product. I was pretty pleased. I love the simplicity of the piece and I also love how important those words are to us.




What do you think? Have you created anything lately???

No comments:

Post a Comment