Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Quilts

I am very lucky to have an amazing talented grandmother who is IMMENSELY talented at crafting and sewing. Some of the most precious possessions that I own are quilts that she has made for me and my family.

This is the quilt that my grandma gave to me as an adult. On the back of each quilt she writes who she made it for and the date. This handwritten square is so precious to me.



Each and every one of these quilts are 100% hand stitched. She has such a gift. This is Jagger's quilt.




This is Johnie's quilt, notice she spelled her name wrong :)



This is the quilt she gave me as a teen. The handwriting on this one is very faded but it is dated 1995.



This is the first quilt that my grandma ever made. I am not sure how old it is but it is very worn and ripped in many places. I know that she had this on her bed for many years before giving it away. The solid blocks are patches.


This is one that she gave my mom many years ago. Some how it lives with me, I'm not sure how I pulled that off...but I'll certainly keep it!!!


This is another beautiful quilt that I have hanging in our bedroom. This is John's quilt that was on his bed when he was a small boy. I am not sure who made it for him but it is absolutely beautiful. Very treasured.


And just for fun here's a peek at the kiddos...We am so blessed!!!


What are some of your most prized possessions?

No comments:

Post a Comment