Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Organization

I wanted to do a post on something that I am trying out currently in our home. This is something that I created that I have been trying to follow. The intent of creating this was during a daydream of being a stay at home mommy and trying to organize my days. I have decided that even though that may never be a reality I still need to try to focus on organizing my thoughts and goals for a week. I ofter think of everything that I need to get done and overwhelm myself and then end up not achieving anything.

I created this doc to help me through the week.



There are weekly cleaning goals on this sheet. Of coarse on a daily basis I pick up, do laundry and do dishes. Monthly I try to wash windows and clean the pantry.

Appointments for the week can include doctors appointments, birthday parties on the weekends, my weekly bible study or anything else that I would have on a regular calendar. Sometimes I have to work late at work so that would be included here also.

Daily activities has really turned into a to do list. This is where I put anything down that I need to get accomplished that day. If I am planning on cooking a roast on Wednesday then on Tuesday I will put "get roast out of the freezer." I know that probably seems unnecessary but it really helps me to achieve my weekly goal without the stress of forgetting things.

Each day has a line for what we will have for dinner. Of coarse this doesn't always work out, some days get pushed back because we end up going out to eat or eating leftovers but I always have ideas and the items that I need to make at least 5 meals on hand. The weekends are free bees. Allot of times John will cook on the weekend so they don't get included on my list.

I have added on the right side a spot for a grocery list. On Sunday when I fill out my meals for the week I put everything I need for those meals on that list. I either go full blown grocery shopping on the weekend or I stop by the store on the way home from work. Having this list keeps me from wandering around the grocery store aimlessly. It also keeps me from getting home to make something and missing one ingredient, I REALLY hate that.

The spot for my weekly goals include things that I want to achieve with my blog that week. You could have anything in this section. This is the area that focuses on mommy. Anything that you are working on or wanting to learn would go in this section. It is very important alongside the cleaning, cooking, appointments and grocery list that I have some goals for myself as well or they would always be on the back burner. On my list this week I have to make 5 posts this week, talk to 3 new people about my blog and order business cards. They are small things but they all add up to make big changes.

I often sit and think "if only" or "when this happens, then...", I am constantly making excuses and dreaming of being a better planner and being more organized and involved in the week. Well this is my attempt at no more excuses. I am a VERY visual person and I am an absolute list maker....this works for me.

How do you keep your week straight? I would love to hear!

2 comments:

  1. I love this and will definately be using this!! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Will definately be trying this!!Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete