Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DIY ~tissue paper pom poms~

I have been seeing these little pretties all over the Internet so I decided to take my shot at them.

Supplies:
Tissue Paper
Stapler or Ribbon
Scissors



Take 5-10 sheets of tissue paper and fold accordion style, 1 inch folds work the best



Staple or tie a piece of ribbon around the center to hold


Round each end with scissors


Pull the pieces apart, the best way to describe it is to pull them away from the center. The more I did this the better I got at it. It takes a few practice runs.


My first finished products.


I am making these pom poms for decorations at Johnie's birthday.


As cheap and fast as they are to make I figure I can have several hanging from the ceiling for a big effect at a small price. Notice the the surprised little boy in the bottom right hand corner. His words were "mom you are awesome"....oh yea...that's me!


This is a BIG one.





And lots more. Do you remember on the Wizard of Oz when the guy says "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"???? Well let me say "pay no attention to the collection of random items on the counter top!"


The yellow ones turned out the best #1 I had practiced several times before those and #2 they were smaller. Do you like??? Try your hand at it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment