Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Before & After

I recently redid my dining room so I wanted to share. Here is the post of my dream dining room . And here are some pics of what I actually ended up with.

Dream Curtains:




Dream China Cabinet:


Actual "China Cabinet":

                                

                        

I made this "china cabinet" which isn't a china cabinet at all, out of two pieces that I already had in my house. They both got a fresh coat of paint and stacked on top of each other to make a new piece to enjoy. I still dream of having a big antique china cabinet in my dining room some day but for now this gives me the same effect without costing any money at all!

Dream Table:


Actual Table:


I haven't done anything to the table. I just haven't quite decided how to do the makeover and with my tastes changing so often I know that I do not want to paint the table again. So for now a large lace tablecloth gives the appearance of a white table once again with out costing me any money.

Dream Paint:


Actual Paint:


The top photo is a picture I bought at an antique shop several months ago for $10. I love it and the dining room has become it's new home. The second pic is a frame that I got at a garage sale earlier this summer for $2. I bought a Katie Daisy print to frame in there. I had to put a piece of scrapbook paper behind the print because the frame is an odd size. Looks pretty good to me.


An Extra:


My mom made these pillows out of old handkerchiefs...LOVE!!!!

My mom and I painted this bench to match the piece on the other side of the room. I really like how they both match and form a cohesive color scheme in the room. I think that is why I can put up with table not matching because there are matching pieces on both sides of the room.

Here's a before of the bench:





I love the room....I still want to change the flooring and the table. I really try to redecorate at a very minimal cost so I will have to take my time with these last two items.

Before:





Total cost of the room makeover:
Curtains - $80.00
Paint - $30.00
Katie Daisy Print - $22.00
The rest of the items I already had and just moved around from other spaces in our home.

Grand Total - $132.00!!!! Not too shabby!

Have you changed any of the rooms in your home around lately??? You should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment