Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Home Tour Week - Day 2 - Dining Room

Welcome to day two of the home tour. Today we will be visiting the dining room :)

OK this room has changed a few times since we moved in. I painted this table black from it's original light pine color when we moved. I love it however I think I would love it more if it were painted an off white color. I haven't bit the bullet to paint it again, however I am sure it is in my future.


I told you my rooms are open.


I really love two things old hankies and old dishes. I collect both. I guess you could call it collect I buy them all the time :)


The top print here is vintage, the bottom print is a Katy Daisy in an old frame.


My dad made this bench, it was originally dark and I painted it to match the other piece in this room.



This piece is made up of two great finds. I got the dresser for $10 at a local antique shop and the top shelf is from a garage sale for $8. I paint both pieces to match and stacked them to give it a china cabinet look without a china cabinet price. I fully intend on investing in an amazing (once again chippy paint) china cabinet someday but for now this will work.



Pillows made from hankies.

.
Please ignore the pop tart wrapper on the table :) I seem to always have one or both children tailing me at all times.


There you have it room #2. Join me tomorrow for the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment