Monday, February 18, 2013

Chevron Bench

I bought this old school desk at a junk store for $10 a long time ago. The flat desk part is broken on the back so it is pretty much just a bench for the kids. It's really more just for looks because very rarely does little britches sit in it.

Here is a pic of what it looked like when I bought it....


So I got bored with it...like I do most decorating things and I decided to spruce it up a bit. I painted the wood white and left the metal black. It was OK but still kind of boring....so....
chevron it is.

First I taped off with painters tape


I wasn't very exact, I didn't measure or anything like that. That really isn't my style. I am more of a wing it kind of girl.


Then I painted the exposed area with a turquoise color.


I did two coats. This is just cheapo craft paint. I liked the look but the color was more bold that I had originally envisioned.


So I sanded.


In the pic below the seat is sanded but the back is not, you can see the difference.



I like the finished product but I still think that it would have looked better with a more muted color. I am trying to bring more color into our living room so this is defiantly one way to get started!


What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment