Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Be Healthy Journey {Week 3}

Week 3


Weight Loss Amount
3.5

I lost 2.5 lbs this week which has taken me to a total of 3.5 lbs lost in two weeks. I was super stoked at my weight-in this morning!!!

My work offers great amenities when it comes to working out. I have a full gym at my fingertips whenever I want to use it at no cost! I know that is amazing and I do not take that for granted but I just have a such a hard time fitting a workout time into my daily routine. I hate the thought of taking more time away from my babies to workout before or after work. If I do work out it is on my lunch hour, with our bazillion lunch meetings we seem to have now a days that has become difficult also.

According to livestrong.com walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes (which is what I would do at the gym at work) I would burn around 100 calories. I work on the 4th floor and wondered how many calories I would burn if I ceased my elevator days and committed to stairs only. According to the same source walking up stairs for 1 minute burns 7-10 calories. So...going up the 4 flights of stairs it takes to get to my office takes about 3 minutes...if I do that 4 times a day I am burning between 84-120 calories.

So that is my commitment right now....no elevator and 4 flights of stairs 4x's a day!!! I still have every intention of adding some additional aerobic exercise in the am at home but for now this is what I am committed to.

So ladies...lets hear it.....how are you doing???? What are you doing???? What are your commitments???? What have you achieved??? Any stumbles??? Anything you want me to post about??? Can't wait to hear from all of you!!! Thanks for joining me!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Lennie! I'm only down 1.5, those weekend beers always get me!!

    ReplyDelete