Sunday, June 17, 2012

Date Night

So...I have been in need of a date night with my hubby for awhile now. Life is so busy and there is always something to do, somewhere to be or someone to see. Last week I requested a date on Saturday night and I got a night away...a whole night...but here's the catch it was a whole night at the river in a tent. I love being outdoors and I actually love to fish but fishing and camping seemed so much easier when I was a kid. I was very excited for this adventure even though I knew it would mean a muddy, dirty, stinky mess. So date night - camp version- up ahead!

Saturday here was an odd weather day. It was nice in the morning and then rained in the afternoon. We planned to leave at 4pm. At this time it was still raining so we weren't sure if we would fulfill our camping plans or not. We went to the bait store and to grab some camping items, by this time it was clearing off and we decided we were going to go for it.


Here's a pic driving in to the campsite. We camped on the Nodaway river in Oregon, MO. This is a small river with sandy beaches. Well usually pretty sandy beaches except for the day that we decide to camp...on that day it is wet and muddy beaches.


The tent was set and the fire was started.



Even though it was wet and oh so muddy the place really was beautiful. I was very grateful to be there in the peace and quiet with John.



John's brother and a couple other friends fished with us in the evening. We were however the only one's that decided to spend the night :)


The night was FREEZING, the ground was HARD, the bugs were ANNOYING. The quiet was AMAZING, the time to relax was REVITALIZING, the alone time with John was UNFORGETTABLE. I can choose to remember the freezing, hard and annoying of the trip or i can choose to remember the amazing, revitalizing and unforgettable part of the trip. I bet you can guess which memories will last longer in my memory.


Morning


Here's the catch of the evening.


 We were so tired and dirty when we got home. Showers and naps were defiantly in order! Life is not perfect and rarely turns out as you plan or envision but it's all good in the end. I thank God for every chance I get to make memories with my husband and every moment I get him all to myself (even if he smells like the river). Love you babe....thanks for the date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment