Thursday, January 31, 2013

My New Adventure

I am taking a HUGE leap this year and following my dreams. I don't know where I will land or how it will all turn out but I am trusting God. On August 1st I will be opening Jackson Valley Preschool & Daycare at our home. John and I are in the process of finishing a detached garage to house my school. I will offer preschool and full day care for 3-5 year olds. I will serve breakfast and lunch and we will be state licensed. Our hours will be Monday thru Friday 7-5:30. We will have our preschool lessons in the am and then the afternoons will be more free play.

I can not express to you how excited I am about this. I truly feel like I finally know "what I am going to be when I grown up." I have known since 4th grade that I wanted to be a teacher. My freshman and sophomore years of college, that was my major. In the middle of my college life I feel under the impression of some not so positive people that continued to tell me that "teaching is not what is used to be" and "you will never make any money." Before my junior year in college I changed my major to business administration with a major in management. I graduated with this degree and have worked in this field for 8 years now. I am good at what I do but there is a HUGE part of me that is not satisfied in the "business" world. I am creative, I love color, I love music, I want to get up and move and I want to be around little people. Kids are really great medicine. They keep you young and make you feel good. By following this dream I will be able to spend more time with my children as well as make an in pact on other little lives. I want kids to know they can do anything. I want kids to feel important. God has blessed me with a great amount of patience and a creative mind. I want to use what God has given me to serve others for Him. I want to get up every morning and LOVE what I do and feel a great amount of passion for my daily works. I have decided that in 2013 I will follow my dreams.

I have to make the point that without my husbands support this could never happen. John is coordinating all of the construction, doing some of it himself as well as financing :) my venture. My husband believes in me and that is the best feeling in the world. I thank God daily that I found my soul mate. John is an amazing man and I am very lucky to get to call myself his wife.

So there you have it...my life changing adventure in three paragraphs. Wish me luck friends...I'm taking the leap!


1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! You will succeed at this and little lives will be changed forever! God will walk with you every step of the way, so just hang on to him! So very very proud of you Lennie it's gonna be awesome!!!!!!!!

    Love you so!

    ReplyDelete