Monday, January 7, 2013

Preparing for the aftermath {tonsils}

First let me say that these ideas are not my own. I got some AMAZING advice from a sweet friend and I am so thankful for it! Thanks Jessie!

As far as I know (because this doesn't actually happen until tomorrow!!!) after a child has their tonsils out the most important thing is for them is to keep their throat moist. Drying out can cause pain and bleeding. So my goal post-op is lots of hydration.
My amazing friend Jessie gave me this idea to keep Jagger drinking.

Mark a cup with intervals so that your child will have the goal of getting to the next mark when they are drinking their liquid.



Once the next mark is reached he will get to put an "x" in a box on the poster. Once 4 marks have been reached which correspond with four boxes being "x'd" Jagger will get a prize.


I stocked up on $1 prizes from Wal-Mart and wrapped them individually and created a prize basket. Every time Jagger reaches the word prize on his poster board he will get to open one of his packages.



We are calling tomorrow Jagger's Super Special Day because calling it his you are going to the doctor to be put under so they can cut some of your throat out just didn't fit on the poster board.

So far Jag is super excited about tomorrow. I am sure he will be disappointed at some point throughout the day but I will try to make him feel as special as possible all week. Ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner is pretty special!


I'll let you all know if this worked or if it was a total disaster and I end up bawling in the corner. Please pray for us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment