Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Living Room Re-Do

I have been in a mix it up mood lately. I change my house around allot...no really - all the time. It is pretty rare to come to my house twice and everything to be the same. I love it, moving something and giving it a new life. I don't spend much money that way, I just try to pair different things together for a brand new look. I moved some things in the living room around last week and I thought that I would share.

I wanted to eliminate some of the black in my living room. I took all of my picture frames down and spray painted them off white. I also rearranged my apple crates to create a sort of shelf.

Before

After


I took my chicken coop out that I was using as a book shelf and re-purposed it in the playroom to as a TV stand.

Before

 

After


My mom and I made curtains out of burlap this past weekend. I love them! They cover the windows however they let enough light in that we can still enjoy our big windows.

Before


After


 I wanted to simplify the mantle a little. I think that the new picture fits the mantle much better.

Before


After


The whole room

Before


After
(Notice John is still located in the same spot :)


Have you changed anything around lately? Try it...it is very refreshing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment