Sunday, July 8, 2012

DIY

Here is my second DIY from last week. On 4th of July I decided that my little Johnie needed a festive outfit for the days activities. Here's what I did.

First I wanted to make a headband. I wanted it to tie at the nape of her neck. I am not a sewer....like at all. I really want to be but I don't even own a sewing machine....that is on my wish list. So...I used a play apron that I had bought at a garage sale and cut it apart. The color worked great and it was already hemmed.



I ironed the piece after it was cut.



I used felt to make three flowers for the headband. They were all three the same size but you could always vary the sizes if you wanted.



Here she is! Front view...



Back view...I loved how it tied in the back.



So...I wasn't quite satisfied and decided I wanted to attempt a shirt also. I used the felt to cut out one star and three strips.



I sewed them on by hand with thick string. I like how that looks.



The complete outfit.


This is the only pic that I got with her wearing the shirt unfortunately she covered up the pretty but I promise it was on there!


Since the shirt was white it didn't make it past one party. Here is the outfit she wore to the next gathering.



Girls are so fun!!! My head is starting to dream about her first birthday that will be coming up in 2 months!!! I have lots of ideas!!!































No comments:

Post a Comment