Thursday, July 5, 2012

DIY

I have been itching to make something lately and I finally got it scratched.I made two things this week...the other coming soon :) This week I went to a family members baby shower. I wanted to make something with the babies name on it.

I decided to make a wooden sign. I had to steal a piece of wood off of one of my apple crates.


I printed out letters and then traced around them on the wood with pencil.


I filled the letters in with craft paint. I also went over the letters after they dried with sandpaper to make them look a little more rustic.


I decided that the sign needed a banner....well...since most things do :) I cut triangles out of scrapbook paper and attached them to ribbon.


I also made some flowers and attached those to the sign. One of the flowers is felt, one is made of ribbon and the other is made of fabric.

Here is the final product.


 Have you made anything lately? Do you have the creative bug???







1 comment:

  1. OH MY LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TO STINKING CUTE!!!!! I NEED ONE FOR EACH OF MY KIDS AND ONE WITH MY LAST NAME ON IT!!!! LOVE IT LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete