Sunday, November 11, 2012

Deer Season

I think that I have mentioned before deer season at my house is one of the national holidays. Friday night John left to spend the weekend in Mound City, MO at "Deer Camp." Deer camp is a grown up sleepover. Instead of sleeping in tents the men stay in campers and instead of drinking milk and eating cookies you drink adult beverages and eat cashews. There is usually an intense pitch game as well. Deer camp is a tradition for John and his family. I had to luxury of attending pre-children however it just doesn't seem to work out nowadays. Sunday afternoon Jagger and I went up to see John in Mound City and get a little hunting in before the new week.


Jag and I on the way to Mound City. Sorry, no makeup or hairspray allowed at deer camp. John's rules.


I had to hunt alone for the first time. John and I are usually in the stand together. I have to admit I got super bored. I got out and warmed up in the truck for about an hour. I toughed it out though. Only saw 3 doe :(

Jagger on the other hand got to go hunting with Daddy. Here is Jagger before....


 

And here is Jagger after....needless to say I think he got a little worn out. Oh, and by the way, the cell is an old one of John's that Jag plays with. You should witness some of the intense conversations he has on that thing!




Happy hunting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment