Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Story of Us

Summer/Fall 2005
I worked at the bank and he was a customer. Every Friday Mr. Jackson came in to make his deposit and entertain the bank girls around 4 o’clock. You see John is the life of the party no matter where he goes, even the bank. I have to say that I may have worn my best outfits on Friday’s and counted down the minutes until his arrival.

This season of my life was very different than any other. I was single for the first time in a very long time and really enjoying getting to know Lennie. In this crazy new time when I was finding myself I went out on a huge limb and told a friend that I would help him at his new bar with bartending. Now if you know me at all you know that I have a hard time walking and chewing gum, let alone standing behind a bar and pretending that I know what I am doing without breaking or spilling something. But what the heck…it was different…so not me and that is what I was looking for. 

It may have also helped a little that this new bar was opening in what just happened to be Mr. Jackson’s home town. There are no coincidences in my life you will find just turns in the path.

I started my job on Tuesday. Super nervous and excited. I had never done anything like this before and had NOT A CLUE as to what I was doing…but I could do my best to try to look cute while doing. Well you guessed it Mr. Jackson showed up that 1st night. He says he didn’t’ know I was going to be there. Not sure if he did or not but that just makes it even better.  John was in his work clothes. I will never forget as long as I live how he looked that night. He was wearing jeans and a plain white t-shirt and a white hat. Just thinking about it makes me happy JMy John is very confident. Everyone loves my husband and for good reason, he makes you happy….you can’t spend any time around him and not be happy. John makes other people feel good and is a complete magnet. I have literally watched him enter a room and by the time the evening was over the room and audience has shifted to his side. John is an amazingly gifted man in the area of socialization. I am quiet and a little shy. Not my husband, not at all. As the night went on we would catch each other with small glimplses.all.night.long. Finally he does it aloud…so that the whole bar is watching and listening.  His words… so not discreet but oh so John, “So I think we should go on a date Thursday night.” I start sweating…trying not to wet myself, whole bar staring at me I have to answer so that everyone in the room doesn’t see that my dreams just came true. “Sure.”

The night goes on and we talk more and more. After my shift ended we hung out on the back deck for quite a while. I totally fell in love with John that night. John informs me that I can just meet him at the restaurant for our date. Hold up. What? What do you think this is? If you want to go on a date with me…you will pick me up. He did J

The next day I emailed my friend that I met the man I was going to marry. It was that easy for me. He was amazing and still is by that way.
John went to the wrong house and met my dad before he even picked me up at my house for our first date.  Once again a non-coincidence.J Our date was good…dinner and then we went to play pool. Literally from that day forward we were one. The beginning of our relationship is a blur of fun, party, excitement and learning about each other’s scars and heartbreaks. The reveal of your soul mate is so intriguing. I cherish every moment I have ever spent with my husband. We helped each other to accept ourselves.

We bought a house

John started his own business

 We got our first dog
We lost our first dog

Got two baby dogs

Many laughs, many tears lot so dreaming and planning.


February 2008 I started a new job

May 2008 Engaged


November 2008 Life stopped. My dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. What? Wait. No…..he is 48. He is the strongest man I know. He is in charge…obviously cancer you have never met Bruce. How long? How bad? Does it hurt? What will you do? So many questions….so many changes….so many tears. After this bad bad day John and I decided that we would start trying to have a baby. Our wedding was planned for May 2009 and I wanted my dad to be able to have a grandchild


Mid November 2008 I lost my job. I went to work like any other day and by 8:30am I was driving away with no destination. I (along w/ 26 other people that day) had been told that I no longer had a job. One of the scariest moments of my life. After this John and I decided that we should maybe put off trying to have a baby. Insert God’s chuckle.

January 2009 You guessed it. We’re pregnant. No job. No insurance. But yes God is good and it all worked out.

February 2009 Moved to a new house


May 2009 Our wedding day. Amazing.Simple. Perfect


October 22, 2009 Our son,  Jagger Patrick Allen Jackson. 9 lbs. 10 oz. 22 1/2 in


September 2010 – We bought the home of our dreams and planted our roots.

November 2010 – John and I decided that we wanted to start trying for another baby. We are incredibly blessed and when we decide to try we better hold on tight because here comes baby

December 2010 – Prego!

September 7 2011 – Our beautiful daughter, Johnie Elizabeth Jackson. 8 lbs. 10oz. 21 ½ in

My dad is now to grandfather to two beautiful babies. He is an amazing fighter


There’s my life. I am so in love with my every day. I thank God every day for my amazing husband and our healthy family. Our life has challenges. We work hard and we play hard. Life is oh so good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment